Friday, September 07, 2007

Sum paintings I dun...

Yay, it's our first proper post since getting back from our trip to the states!! Funnily enough it was something I wanted to post before the trip but ran out of time... anyways, about a week before we left me and my wife had an exhibition at our buddies gallery, to help raise some funds for our trip! It was only my second time exhibiting work in a gallery so I was pretty nervous but it all went really well and we sold a bunch of stuff on opening night so we were really happy with that!!

My theme was one I've wanted to paint for a while and that is, my cat , he's actually my wifes but he's adopted me as his dad! (see below) ...


basically he's really cool and my ideas came from when he's in a deep sleep he'll have these dreams where he twitches and makes heaps of funny noises, so I've always wanted to know what he's dreaming about, so I decided to paint his dreams!!






And here's a peek at what the place looked like on opening night, in this shot I'm in the background getting interveiwed by a local music channel... weird!!
-Alex

17 comments:

SteveLambe said...

Oh WOW!! These are fantastic, Alex. Seriously amazing stuff. I think the picture of him missing his cat nads is my favorite ;)

Congrats from Sue and I on you and Carla getting hitched btw. I hope Reverend Elvis served you peanut butter banana sandwiches at the reception.

Unknown said...

AAAHHH! I love the board! Seriously, I love howwell you use shape and expression in your characters. Awesome post dude, you're getting me all inspired n' stuffs ;)

ohmyalikins said...

WOW! SO COOL!

so many things to congratulate on ~ so congrats on everything!

woohoo!! :)

Geek Booteek said...

you fuckin rule and i'm not even a tiny bit influenced by the fact that I'm your wifey!!!!

Martin Hsu said...

Woah! These look awesome Alx! Who would've thought such a great designer like you would also be an amazing painter ;)

Really great stuff. And if you ever feel like trading painted chairs, let me know! ha!

Darryl Young said...

Beautiful paintings Alex!

Where do you find the time...?

Keep up the awesome work bud!


p.s.
and congats on the wedding ..... he,he,he ;)

Ken said...

great paintings, love the mario one!

Charles Santoso said...

Great works! I've bought your sketchbook when I was in NZ before, btw :-) A lot great stuff! Keep up the great works, guys!

All the best,

Charles

Martin Hsu said...

Ack! Did I act inappropriately and mentioned the "A" word somewhere?! If so, I apologize! But I honestly don't remember! Thanks for re-issuing me Mukhood... I promise I'll be good from now on!

Did i ever tell you my family and I were originally planning on immigrating to NZ instead of the US some 14 yrs ago? Ha! Maybe I would've been a Muk afterall!

Jorge@jlacera.com said...

Nice Paintings, i love chubba lubba...

Richard Gaines said...

Man, those paintings are great! Now we need a gallery like that here in South Florida, USA. I love the cat character. Is he thematic or a working character for some project?

Keep grinding!!

spacesick said...

I love them and I want them to marry my little sister and give her the life that her deadbeat ex-convict boyfriend couldn't.

awesome work, man!

Unknown said...

These ROCK!! Congrat!

Drake Brodahl (pumml) said...

Wow. You've got some fantastic paintings here. The control is so good, I thought they must be digital at first!

I especially like the Mario, missing nads and treasure box!

burgerlog said...

i really like the box a lot.

Adele K. Thomas said...

loooooove the mario one!

Luke in Progress said...

The gallery looks all sorts of great.
I have a soft spot for cute cats and classic games, so you can only guess which is my favorit here.